Friday, September 24, 2010

Roast Chicken with Fermented Red Beancurd



CookBook Challenge Week 44: Chinese

I have to admit that fermented bean curd is one of my all time favourite. Having them with plain congee is not a problem at all for me. Must be influenced from my grandparents. I also know that not everyone fancy fermented beancurd with plain congee so this time I decided to marinated it with chicken this time. I use winglette for this recipe but like I always said feel free to use any part of the chicken as you like.


Ingredients:
  • 1 kg chicken winglette, cleaned and pat dry
  • 2 1/2 - 3 pieces of red fermented bean curd 
  • 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
  • 3/4 - 1 tbsp sugar
  • 1 tbsp salt or to taste
  • 1/2 tsp ground white pepper

Method:-
  1. In a large mixing bowl or container, add in winglette, mashed red fermanted beancurd, garlic, sugar and groud white pepper. Mix and make sure all winglette are coated well. Cover, refrigerate and marinate for 2 hours.
  2. Preheat oven at 200 degree celcius, line baking tray with aluminium foil or baking paper, arrange marinated winglette in the baking tray and bake for 30 - 40 minutes or until cook. 
  3. Serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you or even just a Hi!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails