Saturday, June 22, 2013

Steamed Banana Cake 1

Hi, I know I have been missing for awhile from here. Wait ! No! It's actually quite long. It's actually more than a year ago to be precise. Life has been to busy for the last year and it's going to be busy for the next 6 months.

Before I posted my last post last year Bailey's Cake (As easy as ABC), I took out Kickboxing and Muay Thai classes which then lead to Strengthening and Kettlebell Classes and also Yoga. This activities of mine plus work and social gathering took out most of my time. Although I did cook at that time but I find it difficult to find time to update my blog. Since my last post, I have also moved house, my boyfriend decided to propose and I have just recently got married legally (5 days ago) with wedding reception to follow in  December and I have to say planning for a wedding is as good as a full time job not to mention about the worries and stress.

So there's the summary of the reason that cause my absence from my blog. I would also like to this opportunity to thanks my blog viewers for your support regardless of my absence. I am truly touch.

With this let's move on to my first post for 2013 or first post as a married women :) "Steamed Banana Cake". This cake is simple and minimum tools are used.




Ingredients:-

170g Butter (I used salted butter)
170g Sugar (I used castor sugar)
4 Eggs (I like to leave the eggs to room temperature) - Beaten

300g Banana (Without skin) - Mashed

260g Self Raising flour (If you only have plain flour on hand - use 250g plain flour and 1 tsp baking powder or baking soda) - Sifted

1/8 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Banana Essence (Optional)
1/2 tsp Vanilla Essence (Optional)

Methods:-

1. Melt butter and sugar in the pot big enough to accommodate the rest of the ingredients above if you are trying to minimize cleaning later on. Make sure the butter and sugar dissolves over low heat. Set aside for the mixture to cool down.

2. Meanwhile,you can grease the cake pan (I greased mine with butter. You can use vegetable oil or line it with baking paper), beat the eggs, mashed the banana and sift the mixture of self raising flour and salt. I only use fork to beat the eggs and mashed the bananas. Remember to heat up the steamer too.

3. Once the mixture cool down a little (cool enough to the extend where it does not cook the egg), add in beaten eggs and mix it well and then followed by mashed banana. Mix well.

4. Fold in mixture of sifted self raising flour and salt in 3 additions. Remember to fold only in one direction.

5.  Pour the cake batter into the greased pan. Make sure the water in the steamer is boiling before you put in the cake pan. Steam on high for 40 minutes. You may need more than 40 minutes or less that 40 minutes. To make sure test with the tester, if the comes out clean the the cake is ready. In my case I use knife. My tester is no where to be found.

6. Once the cake is done remove it from the steamer, let it cool down for awhile before turning out onto cooling rack. Let cool a little bit more before you cut it into pieces.


TIPS: 

Be careful when you remove the steamer lid so that the water on the lid does not drop on to the cake surface. I just remove it as fast as could without tilting it. I then wipe the surface (watery part) of the lid before I put it back on.
 





1 comment:

  1. Hi there, this recipe worked for me. :) Thanks, I had to search through a lot of recipes online before I got yours. Most other recipes called for baking powder AND baking soda and I didn't have any baking soda (also too paranoid to substitute). So thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you or even just a Hi!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails