This is yet another chocolate overloaded recipe. I serve this rich chocolate mud cake with chocolate butter ganache.
If you are using instant coffee then you will not need 2 tbsp of sugar.
- 250g butter, cubed
- 250g chocolate (semi sweet)
- 330g granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp granulated coffee + 2 tbsp sugar + 175ml (3/4cup) hot water
- 125 ml milk, cold
- 4 eggs
- 30ml (2 tbsp) vegetable oil
- 300g (2 cups) self raising flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 55g (1/2 cup) cocoa powder
- Preheat oven at 150 degree celcius. Grease or line pan with baking paper.
- On double boiler (make sure the barely simmering water did not touch the bottom of bowl). Add in butter, chocolate, sugar, and coffee mix. Melt it all. it will take about 5 minutes. Once all melted remove bowl from pot and set aside. Let it cool down for 30 seconds.
- Meanwhile prepare the dry ingredients. Mix together self raising flour, salt and cocoa powder.
- Add milk into the chocolate mix to reduce the temperature of the chocolate mixture. Whisk to mix well. I used electric mixer.
- Before you add in eggs please ensure that the mixture is not too hot otherwise the egg will turn into scramble egg. Add in egg one at a time and mix well.
- Add in vegetable oil and mix well.
- Now its time for dry ingredient. Add dry ingredients you prepared earlier in 3 addition. Combine well.
- Pour chocolate mixture mud cake mixture into prepare pan.
- Place in preheated oven at 150 degree Celsius for 2 hours or until the tester comes out clean. Let it cool for 10 to 15 minutes and unmold. Let it cool on the cooling rack.
- Serve just like this or in my case i made dark chocolate butter ganache for the cake.Make sure the cake is completely cool before you pour over the ganache.
|Remove the top crust if you want to have even top|
|Use baking paper to catch the dripping chocolate.|